Job Role: Field Technician
To support the significant increase in Underpressure drilling (hot-tapping) and Isolation (line-stopping) operations within the Middle East.
Directly Reports to: Operation Manager
External Relationship: Clients/Customers/Site Supervisors
- Under pressure drilling operations using a range of manual & auto feed machines
- Line isolation operations using Folding Head short stop & Pivot Head equipment (training will be provided)
- Mechanical installation of under pressure Tees/clamps/repair fittings
- Carry out basic onsite machining (pipe cutting) using clam-shell tooling
- Hydrostatic/pneumatic testing
- Carry out detailed site surveys and relaying information back to the projects team
- Carry out all work as per company procedures
- Read, understand and adhere to risk assessments and method statements ensuring there are signed and returned upon job completion.
- To Assemble, test, disassemble and repair tooling and equipment at client locations and at the service centre.
- Ensuring all tasks are carried out to a high standard and in a safe manner
- Share Driving responsibilities.
- Load and unload company LGV / HGV’s in a safe manner ensuring loads are secured and vehicles / equipment is not damaged.
- Ensure all company expense and personal timesheets are submitted in a timely manner.
Quality & Safety Responsibilities:
- To comply with UTS Services Safety, quality, environment management systems.
- To comply with client procedures
- Ensure all near misses and accidents are reported
- Flexible approach to working conditions in middle east.
- Flexible and motivated approach to emergency work
- Experience working in the utility sector specifically with water and gas pipelines.
- Experience in Underpressure/hot tapping and pipeline isolation is must
- Mechanical/Civils experience desirable.
Point of contact:
Please contact Shameem Ismail at email@example.com to apply.