Job Role: Site Technician
To support the significant increase in Underpressure drilling (hot-tapping) and Isolation (line-stopping) operations within the UK we are looking for experienced Site Technicians.
Directly Reports to: Site Supervisor
External Relationship: Clients/Customers
- Underpressure drilling operations using a range of manual & auto feed machines
- Line isolation operations using Folding Head short stop & Pivot Head equipment (training will be provided)
- Mechanical installation of underpressure tees/clamps/repair fittings
- Carry out basic onsite machining (pipe cutting) using clam-shell tooling
- Hydrostatic/pneumatic testing
- Carry out detailed site surveys and relaying information back to the projects team
- Carry out all work as per Site Technician company procedures
- Read, understand and adhere to risk assessments and method statements ensuring there are signed and returned upon job completion.
- To assemble, test, disassemble and repair UTS tooling and equipment at client locations and at the UTS service centre.
- Ensuring all tasks are carried out to a high standard and in a safe manner
- Ensure the use of Q2 on any vibration equipment and working to notification of limits.
- Share driving responsibilities.
- Load and unload company LGV / HGV’s in a safe manner ensuring loads are secured and vehicles / equipment is not damaged.
- Ensure all company expense and personal time-sheets are submitted in a timely manner
Quality & Safety Responsibilities:
- To comply with UTS Safety, quality, environment management systems
- To comply with client procedures
- Ensure all near misses and accidents are reported
- Flexible approach to working throughout the UK.
- Flexible and motivated approach to emergency work across the UK.
- Requirement to return to North East offices in order to download Q2 data.
- Experience working in the utility sector specifically with water and gas pipelines.
- Experience in Underpressure/hot tapping and pipeline isolation desirable, but not essential. (Training will be provided).
- Mechanical/Civils experience desirable.
Point Of Contact
Please e-mail Ryan Tinkler at firstname.lastname@example.org.