UTS is seeking a Head of Production who will report directly to our Managing Director and will become part of our senior leadership team. You will have experience and understanding of a fast paced and demanding manufacturing environment.
UTS Engineering Ltd was founded in the mid 1990’s as a supplier of couplings, flange adaptors and repair clamps for the water industry. We provide single pipe fittings and fabrications and on site services such as under pressure drilling services. We also offer a unique 24/7 emergency service, offering bespoke fittings made to suit any piping problem that may arise.
Job Ref: 7227/2020
Working Hours For Head Of Production:
Contracted: 9am – 5pm
[However, you may be required to attend work on weekends and will need to be flexible in order to fit 24/7 operational requirements]
- Directly responsible for the management of the production departments personnel. Ensuring they are appropriately trained and motivated to carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
- Oversee all operating processes ensuring that the most efficient and effective use is made of plant and equipment and that safety standards are adhered to the highest standard.
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health and safety and environmental policies and procedures and ensure the safety and wellbeing of both staff, visitors and any external contractors.
- Plan, introduce and monitor maintenance to ensure that machine down time is kept to a minimum.
- Liaise closely with the internal and external sales teams on new enquiries and emergency work.
- Monitor output to ensure that production meets the established standards of both quality and quantity.
- Organize and lead internal daily team meetings with shift supervisors and team leaders.
- Maintain regular contact with other departments to ensure they are aware of production requirements and to identify potential problems.
- Managing all export jobs through production.
- Be visible to the workforce on the production floor.
- Operate a safe process and follow all procedures when using external contractors. Ensure all maintenance contracts are regularly reviewed to ensure best value.
- Anything else which is reasonably requested by your line manager.
- Work to set KPI’s and provide a monthly report for the monthly senior leadership meeting.
- A relevant technical or engineering qualification
- At least five years’ production management experience
- Knowledge of the industry
- Detailed knowledge on equipment and processes used
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Excellent organization skills
If you are interested in understanding more about this role please do not hesitate to contact our office on 0191 4284003 – please ask to speak to someone in HR. Due to the number of applicants expected for this role we will be responding directly to those successful.
Please direct your CV and Covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.